1.) Michael is remarkably unbruised and non-bloody for someone who just took a super ass whoopin'.
2.) How old is Michael or any of the characters supposed to be? Are they in High School? I wasn't the most popular kid in High School myself, but it's easy to see why Michael doesn't have any friends; to wit:
• He's definitely too old to play with dolls. Why does he have a clown doll? It's not an action figure like the stuff I *ahem* have, it's a clown ragdoll.
• He sits in the dark surrounded by candles saying "Killjoy, come alive!" to his ragdoll.
• He's really stupid. When Lorenzo's flunky comes to his house he's way to easily tricked into going outside for another ass-whoopin'. Damn boy, these guys just beat you like a drum a few hours ago. Why would you fall for that?
3.) It's not actually killing Michael that makes Lorenzo and his crew truly deserving of some supernatural clown revenge, it's their really stupid dialogue (and acting). Lorenzo thought his gun was unloaded when threatening Michael, and he and his cronies get a good laugh at Michaels expense when he's pleading for his life. Then it turns out the gun was loaded and Lorenzo accidentally does shoot and kill Michael. Instead of acting like normal people this gang of three have a "I thought the gun was unloaded" conversation with all of the emotion and intensity of watching paint dry. Even if they don't seem to care that they just committed a murder, the acting and dialogue will make you want to commit one, too.
• How crummy are the cops in this place? Lorenzo, Baby Boy and T-Bone don't do anything to conceal the body, they just leave. These bozos ain't criminal masterminds. The police couldn't figure this crime out? They need to hire Lt. Joe Kenda!
4.) Killjoy lures T-Bone and Baby Boy into his Ice Cream Truck because, well, frankly, they're imbeciles. But when they enter they are somehow transported to a dingy warehouse. You would expect two guys, even thugs like these morons, to be surprised and shocked, right? Nope. They act as if walking into the back of an ice cream truck and suddenly finding yourself in an unknown building is completely normal.
• This is made worse because Baby Boy is laughing as if it's a joke. No one acts like this! The only joke is on the audience for watching this pile of goat sh*t. (and don't tell me "Well, he was high from smoking weed"...there ain't no weed that damned good)
5.) Lorenzo walks outside in the middle of the night, sees the ice cream truck and opens the back door to it...for absolutely no reason. At this point I'm guessing a six year old wrote the screenplay.
6.) If you've watched the movie up to the point where Lorenzo dies and thought well, it can't get any stupider than this, Whoa Nelly, are you in for a surprise. Again for no plot related reason, the Homeless Bum who was seen for a few moments in an alley at the start of the flick breaks into Monique's apartment. He gets her to call her friend Jada who comes over with her boyfriend Jamal. There the old bum tells them to stand in a circle and hold hands (which somehow gives them flashbacks of whats happened so far) while the bum narrates the most excrutiatingly horrible and moronic exposition known to mankind. Basically he tells them that Killjoy is going to kill them and they have to destroy his heart or the doll or get the seven burritos of power or something. It doesn't matter because this movie is so remarkably awful and idiotic you won't care. But not content to punish the audience with the simple fact that they're watching this, the makers of this seeping fester on film torture you further with really, really bad acting.
• AGAIN...how old are these characters supposed to be? Jada and Jamal were studying for a class they talked about earlier in the movie. Now they're in bed together sleeping (obviously afer having sex) when Monique calls. If they're in college it makes you wonder why Jada or Kahara would even hang around, much less date or sleep with a person like Lorenzo. If they're supposed to high school age where are their damned parents?
• Jada gets a 911 message on her PAGER from Monique. I suppose you can't help dating a movie by what technology is available when it's made. Thats not really a nit, I just thought it was funny. Not funny enough to make anything else in this movie worthwhile, so don't get your hopes up.
7.) After Monique, Jada, and Jamal enter Killjoy's Mystical, Magical, Dirty Warehouse of Doom™ via the Ice Cream Truck Jamal says...and I bullshit you not, "I have a plan. We have to split up!" . He just went full Scoody-Doo, right there. You never go FULL SCOOBY-DOO!
♦ You want a hangover? Between the acting and the story you'll feel as if you've been on a 12 hour bender where monsters stick a funnel in your mouth and force fed you Jack Daniels by the gallon.
♦ Lorenzo's new girlfriend, Kahara, asks him "Where do you see you yourself in five years" post-coitus. This really pisses Lorenzo off, but he's a creep anyway. I'd like to know why she's asking this chump about his future plans in the first place. They're either in her apartment or his. If it's his then how is he paying for it? Is he a drug dealer? That seems likely given what we've seen in the movie, so that makes her question even dumber. He either expects to be dead, in prison or selling even more drugs in five years, sweetheart. If it's her apartment then how is SHE paying for it? Is she in High School? Again, dialogue supports the characters to be around that age even though no one has any parents in this movie. Even if you say they're in college now (it's a year after Michael's death) wouldn't she be smart enough to know what an unemployed thug like Lorenzo does for a living?
♦ Lorenzo fires somewhere around 21 bullets....from a revolver.
The only trope that I can find in this movie is that it's So Bad, it's Horrible.
THE BAR TAB
While the movie seems to promise an "urban thriller" with the smooth taste of a fine aged whiskey, it goes down like a vile brew fermented in a septic tank somewhere in the lowest level of hell. Prepare the Porcelian Goddess! Killjoy will leave a stain in it that will take military-grade cleaner and maybe fire to cleanse. If you dare to watch it, make sure you spare no expense while picking your poison at the liquor store...and buy lots of aspirin. This movie is what garbage calls garbage.